A Writer's Journey

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.

Maya Angelou

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.

Victor Hugo

Sunday, March 29, 2009

what would the world be w/o fan fiction?

I've just finished reading a fan fic called "A Tale of Two Edwards" from the Twilighted website and I've gotta tell you, it's one of the most well-written I've read in some time. This whole hysteria thing that got the whole world riled up about the Twilight franchise is manic, but what can you do, right? I've jumped head-first into the slew of the hysteria (ok, it was more like catapulted with lightning force, but you get the picture) and I've gotta say, even though the series could've used a bit more editing in my opinion, Twilight, for what it is, has a really good pull that most people would identify with. Just the whole idea of a forbidden love in it's most unreachable form is definitely something that would tug at the heart strings of any adolescent teen or 30-something housewife looking for that juicy something-or-other to get their excitement going.

So anyway, I digress. With the fandom exploding in the unprecedented cult following that it has now become, the rise of Twilight fan fic has significantly grown due to the number of people who have other ideas about the inhumanly beautiful vampire and his average mortal (ok, so I don't know if it's just me, but Kristen Stewart is really kinda too hot to be cast as just an average mortal... she even looks better than Rob Pattinson in some promotional tour pics lol). I'm digressing again with the unnecessary side ad libs, but hey, give me a break here, I'm trying to unload a whole bunch of things from this head of mine. So basically, breaking it down to the whole point of this blog that I'm trying to pen (um, type?), the world of fan fiction has taken a good hit of new "aspiring" writers that let their imagination go wild with the exploration of how they would like Bella and Edward's stories to go. It's just nice to see that the cultivation of the minds of today's youths aren't wasted. And no, that wasn't supposed to be sarcastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment