A Writer's Journey

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.

Maya Angelou

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.

Victor Hugo

Sunday, August 8, 2010

WriteOn Con

Whilst conversing with friends on Twitter, and by conversing I meant lurking, I found out about an awesome online event taking place just for writers and aspiring writers (like yours truly) to congregate. Where is this magical realm, you ask? WriteOnCom of course!

http://writeoncon.com

I've already met so many cool people while browsing the forums and most of them have scattered throughout Twitter, otherwise known as my second home. Getting to know and reading about some of these people have contributed to the juices of creativity flow that began where it left off so many moons ago. And as per my previous practices, the night owl in me still writes til the wee hours of the early morn. (bedtime this morning was somewhere in the neighborhood of 4:30am, although feeding and putting my little man back to sleep might also have had something to do with that as well...LOL)

Topics being covered in the online conference include: how to write a query, what not to do when submitting work to an agent, bonafide agent critiques, questions to ask yourself before a revision, myths about literary agents, etc. And that's just the beginning. This hotspot for information that can help the average Joe (or Jane, as the case may be) become the next IT author of this generation.

I know there are a lot of aspiring writers who, if they're anything like me, would want to pull their hair out at every block encountered. And there are questions that we have that we just don't know where to get answered. So I'm totally stoked that there is something like this that can reach out to all those that aspire to bring their imagined stories to life, no matter where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment