So, first off, one of the gems that I met whilst attempting to be a blogger/writer/twitterer (-er? LOL) was none other than the awesomesauce unicorn extraordinaire aka Lori M. Lee. To prove her awesomesauceness (Yes, that is now a word. I am willing it directly into Merriam Webster's next edition. Ha!), she has given me this rockin' award (for reasons that continue to elude me):
Um, I do believe that it's impossible to measure just how much she rocks. I tried to, but failed. Thanks for the love Lori! #hearts
The rules for accepting this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave the award
2. State seven things about yourself
3. Pass the award on to any recently discovered great bloggers
So here goes:
Seven Things About Moi
1) Numbers are my job, but words are my life.
2) I am obsessed with the Naruto anime series (Datebayo!!! LOL).
3) I was born on Christmas Eve.
4) Linkin Park makes me an uber happy gal.
5) Celine Dion also makes me an uber happy gal. (of *course* Celine vibes with Linkin Park... #confidentnod)
6) I was born in the Philippines.
7) When I was younger, I wanted to be Ariel from The Little Mermaid. (and may or may not have been in love with Prince Eric... ::shifty eyes::)
So, now it is my turn to pass the torch of awesomesauceness to Corinne O'Flynn! Also, she has this on her blog:
Okay, moving on...
Last night, I attended the first ever SCBWI Hollywood Schmooze just to see what all the schmoozing was about. Met an awesome group of people, ironed out deets about meeting times, topics to be discussed, intro rounds, etc. One thing that stayed with me was when the topic of conversation turned to this little ol' book called The Artist's Way. In this little ol' book, techniques are discussed on how to help someone become a better writer. There are tips, exercises, and advice and the one discussed last night was something that everyone called "purging" (I say "something" because I have yet to read the book, so I don't know if that's the official title of the exercise. LOL).
With purging, the mind releases all of its negative and errant thoughts, helping the writer to focus on what they need to in order to write. The idea behind it is to write 3 longhand pages of stuff. Any and all kinds of stuff. If you have nothing to write, write "I have nothing to write." and eventually, your mind will work into this automatic stream of consciousness and purge out things that can potentially block you from finishing a writing goal.
Needless to say, with my insomnia and occasional writer's block, I hopped right on that train and tried it before I went to bed last night. The WIP ideas have been coming at me all morning. I shit you not.
Long story short, I totally recommend this. Also, I'm uber excited about the SCBWI now having a Hollywood/West Hollywood sector! Excitement all around people! ::squeeee::
Until next blogging time... #peaceout